Pages

9/25/11

Sassy Dessert

My Sassy friends favorite dessert that I make is this 3 layer cream cheese and raspberry thingy. It doesn't really have a name yet. It's very yummy! I'm not sure where I got the recipe, but I did change it up from the original recipe so I guess I can say it's my recipe. Maybe I will call it "Grace's 3 layer cheese cake with raspberry topping" or maybe that's just to long of a name. What do you think I should call it? How about "Sassy Dessert"?  Here's the recipe and some pictures:



Graham Cracker Crust (layer 1):
2 packages graham crackers, crushed
½ cup sugar
½ cup butter, melted
Mix well, spread and pat down in a 9x13 dish.  Place in refrigerator until next layer is ready to spread.


Cream Cheese Filling (layer 2):
2 – 8 oz packages cream cheese
2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. Butter, softened
2/3 cup powdered sugar
Mix well until slightly fluffy. Spread over graham cracker crust. Cover and refrigerate.



Raspberry Topping (layer 3):
1 ½ cups water
1 cup sugar
¼ cup corn starch
1 – 12 oz bag frozen raspberries
In medium sauce pan, combine water, sugar and corn starch.  Heat on medium-high heat, stirring continuously until thickened.  When thickened remove from heat and add frozen raspberries, stir with whisk to break down raspberries.  Let cool before spreading over cream cheese filling.

 





ENJOY!!!

2 comments:

  1. I make a dessert almost like that! The only difference is my middle layer is melted marshmallows with milk and cool whip! My dessert name is "raspberry dessert" sounds boring compared to yours! I think I'll be trying your version! Can anything be bad with cream cheese?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really yummy Gracelyn. I love raspberry anything. A little bummed we missed berry season in Lynden this year. Miss the fresh produce and dairy from the Green Barn, and Edaleen's as well. They just don't have those kind of places here.

    Linnet

    ReplyDelete