- We started out by getting our Christmas tree the Monday after Thanksgiving and it didn't get it decorated until 4 days later. We could never get everyone home all at once, early in the evening to do so, but I gotta tell you, this is the best Christmas tree we ever had and it is the best smelling too. Don't you love waking up in the morning to that wonderful smell?
- The Lighted Parade!!!! Oh yes the kids and I sat in the SUV watching the parade while everyone got wet and cold and even though the kids didn't like it all that much, it was still kinda fun.
- I did a December daily this year!!! for you none scrapbookers: You take a picture every day in December and scrapbook it right away. I tried to remember to take a picture every day, but I wasn't all that good about scrapbooking them every day.....tooooo busy!!! But I am planning on finishing it up before January is over.
- I got to work in our friends and neighbors (The Anderson's) chocolate factory for a few days. I'm telling you that was fun, the smell alone just gets you going. They make THE BEST chocolate in the world. It is called Fresco Chocolate and if you ever get a hold of some "WARNING" you will never look at another chocolate bar the same.
- We had a few weeks that were not so great!!! Nicole started having panic attacks and that was not fun for her or her parents. After many Dr. appointments and testing, she is going to be fine and she is learning how to deal with them. To make a very long story short, she is doing much better......I will just say that High School, new driving responsibilities and stress are very hard on 16 year olds.
- I went to my Sassy Gals Christmas brunch............way to much fun!!!
- Michael and I went to the Wilson Motors "Winter Celebration" at the SilverReef Casino. Why don't they just call it for what it is "A Christmas Party" with Christmas music and all? I met some really nice people that Michael works with and we had a great time and shhhh!!! but Michael and I did some gambling with the vouchers they gave us.....we won a whole 5 cents, I didn't even cash it in. It was fun, just didn't like the smoke!!!
- We had a fun party with our friends The Dockter's and The Presley's. They brought soup, salad and dessert and I made homemade bread and dessert. We had a great time as always!
- The kids and I help our friend do a Christmas project in her 4th grade class. It was so fun!!! Nicole and I had the previlage of going to her baby shower too. Baby is due in February...can't wait!!!
- Nicole and I babysat our neighbors 9 1/2 month old baby girl. She is so adorable, but we didn't get much done as she wanted to be held the entier 6 hours we had her. I surely got my baby fix for awhile!!!
- Christmas was very quiet for us because Michael got the flu and didn't take part in his favorite time of the year festivities. He was so sick!!! I felt so bad for him as the kids and I played games on Chrsitmas Eve while he slept and Christmas night the kids and I watched movies while he slept. I wish we could do Christmas all over again so he could be involved with all the things he loves to do. He did get enough strenghth to make it to the George side Christmas brunch at his dad and step-moms. We had a great time there!!!
I love the following Bible verse that keeps popping up in my head,
Did you see the word "joy" in there. Joy is in the Bible over 200 times for a reason and this year that reason is for me. I choose JOY!!! It's such a happy word and looks great on Christmas cards too.Isaiah 61:3
To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.
|Our Christmas cards I made this year|
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY I hope and pray you have a good 2012!